- My cell line of interest is not included in the database, but I have recently acquired this cell line from the ATCC. Can my sample be tested along with the original reference material?
- Yes, the sample can be tested by the human cell line authentication test, if your reference material is an aliquot of the original reference material obtained from the cell depository.We offer a free testing of reference materials.
- My cell line is self establihed from a parental cell line / clinical material. Can I confirm its identity?
- Yes, by co-submitting DNA from the parental cell line or clinical material, we can confirm the identical SNP profile of the matched pairs.
- My cell line of interest is not included in the database. Can my sample be tested anyway without providing reference material?
- Yes, the sample can be tested by the human cell line authentication test. The results will indicate whether your cell lines shows a unique SNP-profile or whether your cell line is one of the lines included in the database.
- You may also try to obtain isolated cell line DNA from a cell depository, e.g. ATCC. We offer a free testing of these reference materials.
- Can I use cell lysates, used for the McCT Service, as sample for the human cell line authentication?
- No, it is crucial to use highly purified DNA (see protocol) for the human cell line authentication test.