The aim of the Alumni Association of the DKFZ is to support long-lasting personal and scientific relationships between present and former members of our center and to maintain the exchange of ideas and experiences in this ever growing world-wide community at the national and international level. A particularly important target group of the activities of the association are young scientists, especially those from abroad, currently or previously working at the DKFZ.
The activities of the association include
- publication of a Newsletter which is widely distributed
- scientific meetings at the DKFZ and abroad
- supportive social and cultural activities for visiting scientists and members of the DKFZ
- a travel grant program for short-term visits of young scientist to the DKFZ
- an Alumni e-mail address for members
- Alumni Club Heidelberg (coordinated by Gerhard van Kaick)
Contact among members is supported by the recently introduced and password-protected membership directory. The membership fee is voluntary, however, sponsors are welcome.
Join the DKFZ-Alumni group on LinkedIn and stay connected!