Diploma or MSc positions
We are always seeking qualified and highly motivated candidates with a background in molecular biology or related fields to join our lab. We have currently open positions for the following related projects:
1. Role of polo-like kinases in centrosome duplication in mammalian cells
2. Regulation of cytokinesis
3. Analysis of Cdc25 phosphatase inhibitors at entry into mitosis
1. The German Cancer Research Center has an international PhD Program with 36 fellowships granted annually. The program provides interdisciplinary training and research opportunities in the field of Biology and Cancer Research. Intested candidate might contact the group leader for further information.
For details about the application visit Helmholtz International Graduate School for Cancer Research at DKFZ at http://www.dkfz.de/en/phd-program/index.html
2. In addition, through external funding we currently have two PhD positions available as part of a project characterizing (1) the function of the protein MISP, a novel regulator of cell division (Zhu et al., 2013, JCB, 200:773-87) and (2) of the mechanisms underlying centrosome duplication in normal and cancer cells (Cizmecioglu et al., 2010, JCB 191, 731-739; Bahtz et al., 2012, JCS 125, 486-496).
Candidates are required to have a masters or diploma degree in biology, biomedicine or biochemistry. Applicants should have experience in protein biochemistry, cell- and/or molecular biology. The position is available from May 1, 2014 but later starting dates are possible.
Duration: Initially for 3 years with an option for extension.
Highly motivated and goal-oriented students should send their curriculum vitae, transcripts of records (from bacherlor and master studies) and names and addresses of at least two referees to: Ingrid.Hoffmann@dkfz.de