The high throughput sequencing unit provides highly parallel DNA sequencing service based on the 454/GS FLX technology. This technology coined next generation sequencing enables the generation of more than 100 Mb of sequencing information in a single run.
- Assistance in experimental design
- Sample preparation starting from customer prepared DNA
- Sequence analysis on the Genome Sequencer FLX
- Basic bioinformatics support for the analysis of resulting sequence data
- Provision of the sequence data in FASTA format (additional data such as phred like quality scores are also available)
- Amplicons: 30 µl of your probe dissolved in TE with a DNA concentration of more than 25ng/µl (Nanodrop).
- genomic samples: 100 µl genomic DNA dissolved in TE with a DNA concentration of at least 50 ng/µl (Nanodrop).
The DKFZ Next Generation Sequencing set-up that is highly flexible, to serve the needs for a wide variety of users. We customize the service according to your needs and requirements, please contact Dr. Stephan Wolf for project development and detailed .
More information on the 454/GS FLX technology as well as on potential applications is available.